Friday, May 21, 2010

warm weather fun and nursery plans

We've been enjoying some time outside lately.  The boys' finished school today.  I can't believe that it's summer. 

Ty got training wheels for his "big" bike.  He's doing really well with it.
Enjoying some time in the sprinkler.
Nolan just likes to wash rocks.
He's also really picking up on every sport and imitating play.  Baseball is his new favorite.
Ty at his water day for the end of school blast.  He looks so much older to me here.


The Nursery
The only part of the room that is ready for the baby.  The rest is just a mess.  
Some of the fabric for her room.  I  DO NOT like pink so I wanted something else that was feminine but different.  I'm planning on getting some gray and white printed fabric.  The walls will be painted gray.
I've decided that I'm going to do some butterflies in the room.  These belonged to my Mamaw when she was alive.
I've also discovered this from Pottery Barn.  Now I just have to decide if I'm going to drop the cash for it.  It's a paper mobile and I know I could make it for about 1/4 of the price but I really don't want to cut out all those butterflies.  Anyone have suggestions on how to make it easy?
Ty told me today that she needed a piggy bank so we picked this one out for her.

5 comments:

Paul and Sarah said...

Cute nursery....

I'll check my cricut cartridges and see if I have butterflies and we can do it so much easier than you cutting them out and we can use all kinds of different paper...

Michael and Hannah said...

PIIIIINK!!! Needs some PINK! C'mon, Shannon, get with the mommy of a girl program! ;o) (Might as well get used to it... you will NOT be able to avoid the pink. Not sure why, but God programmed little girls to love it!)

Caanan said...

Immediately thought of this (http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/03/nursery-progress-makin-a-mobile/) when I saw the mobile. Also thought using a Cricut. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Courtney said...

Nolan is getting so big! He is starting to look like Ty, changing so much as he grows! The baby's room w/the butterflies is cute! I love butterflies. I bet it will turn out great! I just finished posting pictures of Haiden's Room. I love it! Miss seeing you, take care!

Cortney said...

I can't wait to see the nursery all put together!