Sunday, August 16, 2009

We're still here

This month has been so busy! It started out by me turning the big 30 and Andrew and I celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary. For me turning 30 wasn't as big a deal as so many people make it out to be.

The last few weeks have been lots of fun. We took the boys to Alabama Adventure, an amusement/water park here in B'ham, one day before they went back to school. We all had a great time and we're looking forward to using a few more of our free passes.
It's hard to see but Nolan is laughing really hard.

Tyler and I riding the log ride. The boys had lots of fun on the rides and even more fun in the water.

I forgot to take my camera for the boys' first day of school. I tried to grab a few pictures with my phone by Nolan kept running off to see what was going on. They are both having a great time at school. Nolan is excited to go to class and Tyler has a great new teacher. Ty was also excited that one of his best friends from last year is in his class but disappointed that the other friend was in another class. He tells us just about every day that he got to play with Simms in class and see Nandini on the playground. Andrew is trying to encourage him to actually learn the names of some of the other kids in his class but it hasn't worked yet.

We went to ALT this past Thursday to welcome Julie back from Africa. We flew in that day and hung around so we would get to see her when she came out of customs. Ty was so excited to get to see her again. She had not seen the boys in a year. I was a little worried about how Nolan would react to her. He has started to develop stranger anxiety but he didn't fuss or cry when she held him.

Tyler helped make this sign and Andrew was still covering up the "O" when Julie came out. Doesn't really make for a great welcome home sign, but Julie thought is was funny.

We also took the boys to Duncun Donuts. YUMMY!!!! OK I was really the reason we went.






3 comments:

Paul and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

Dunkin Donuts is the only reason that I ever offer to drive to ATL to get Paul!! They are the best donuts!

Kathy said...

Welcome home, Julie! Nice sign, Andrew. I am sure everyone was excited to see each other. Why in the world go to Dunkin Donuts when there is Krispy Kreme? I am so confused on that one! :)

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Love the pic of Nolan on the ride. Too cute.

Hey, thanks for the name suggestions. Guess what though... great minds think alike because James and Stephen are Hank and Ty's middle names. How funny is that? Who knows what he'll end up being named!

Oh, and AU finally has a Dunkin Donuts. But, now that I'm not in college and skinny no matter what I eat and not workout... I wish it WASN'T here.