Are we done? That is the question that has been circulating around our house lately. How do decide is you want to try for a third kid? No, we don't have a desire to try "one more time" for a girl. We've also heard from many people with three kids that the third one if the hardest adjustment. Most days I feel like I'm finished. Some days I don't. When I think about it I'm overwhelmed with the thought of having any more. How could we afford another one right now? Where would it go, in the house, car, grocery cart? I only two hands how do you hold on to three kids?! Then I go through the boys' old clothes or look at pictures. I love having babies! So far I've had easy pregnancies and deliveries, for me it's mostly an enjoyable experience. A newborn is hard but I love holding that sweet baby and I enjoy my boys.
We also hope to foster/adopt some day when our boys are older. So we add even more questions. If we have a third will we be able to do that? Will we have the time to focus on a kid who needs some extra love? Will we have all the money required to go through that process? So many questions and so few answers.
So the question now is..... am I yearning to have another baby or just grieving the end of babyhood in our house?
7 comments:
You need to read the Duggar's Book...20 and counting. I'm serious!
I don't know about you all. I know that we are selling anything for a kid 12 months and under tomorrow at our yard sale! I am thrilled. Now I can hold other babies and enjoy it but still get my sleep every night. I think two boys is PERFECT
speaking as a mom of 3, one in each hand and the 3rd goes in bjorn type carrier or in a stroller and each kid has a hand on one side...of course your and my slightly different w/ our hubbies gone so much, but according to my bro, who has 5 kids, it was no big deal until #5 came along and then they didn't have a hand for each one between the two of them LOL
oh, and i will totally admit, when rich isn't home, if i don't have to go anywhere, i don't...besides, i vote for no 3 children because that makes a middle child...that's why eventually we'll have a 4th...and it only seems to be a big deal in 3's, not 5's or so on...i was a middle and it stunk!
We love having four... and hopefully five will be the same! I'll be honest, for me the transition from 1-2 was waaaay harder than any of our other additions. It's all in your attitude and expectations. Seriously. And the whole middle child syndrome thing.... as a Mom it's your responsibility to make it a non-issue. I am the middle of five, and never ever have understood what all the hype was about. I can't imagine life without all of my bros and sisters, and wouldn't change my life experiences for the world. But, I also had a great Mom who did a knock out job raising us, and hope to pattern much of my parenting after hers.
We love having a house full of kids. It is very, very HARD at times, but for the most part, we've LOVED every second of it. Even the hard times.
You guys are wonderful parents and will continue to be whether you stop with two or have six more! As my grandmother always said, "If all the good folks of this world don't have more children, the bad will take over!" :-)
love hollys answer. totally agree with the 1-2 being waaay harder than 2-3. 1 is the easiest thing EVER!!!
ps jamin just had the big v and ive had mixed emotions ab it...and i think the thought of not having another saddens me. good story.
You totally need another baby! I can't imagine stopping at two... doesn't feel like a complete family to me. Having only 2 kids has always sounded like more work to me than a fuller family. Seems to put a lot of pressure on each sibling to be each other's ENTIRE sibling experience. There's always the craziness of having a newborn, but don't you think in ways even having two is easier than having one? I remember when Wesley was 18 months old or so, he would wake up from his morning nap and I would feel so much responsibility to provide stimulation and entertainment for him. I'd go from one activity to another, looking at the clock every 30 minutes wondering how I was gonna fill the rest of the time until his afternoon nap! Now the kids just play, and I don't think about keeping them entertained. When it comes to babies, I say BRING IT!
Post a Comment