Monday, April 5, 2010

It's a.......

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
Ty went with us today for the ultrasound.  When we got there we asked him if we were finding out and he said yes.  He enjoyed the experience and had LOTS of questions.  He wanted to listen to the heartbeat over and over again.  We thought for a while that we would not be able to find out.  We have been joking that we would go in and the baby would have it's legs crossed.  Well, she didn't have her legs crossed but she did keep her knees tight together for most of the ultrasound.  Our tech had to lay me back at an angle with my head down to get good measurements of her head and I had to roll on my side to finally find out what we where having.  She also kept crossing her arms in front of her face as the tech was trying to check for a cleft palette.  

We sent Andrew's mom pink flowers at work and Ty gave my mom some pink flowers this afternoon.  He was excited to tell everyone we are having a girl.  Of course he wasn't really surprised he reminded us today that he knew it was a girl.  The smile on his face was great though when the tech told us.  I wish I had a camera for that moment.  We are still in final discussion about names so that will have to wait till later.

We left my appointment and headed straight to the our Pediatrician.  We spent the weekend at Opryland Hotel.  We had a great time but Nolan continually complained about his ear hurting.  This is not unusual even though he has tubes.  We started his anti-biotic drops but apparently they were not enough.  He did not sleep well ALL weekend, so none of us did.  On Sunday his ear began to leak.  It is so nasty.  After spending hours Sunday night up with him as he screamed in pain we decided a visit to the doctor was a must.  Our Pediatrician, who has been doing this a while, was shocked at the infection in his ear.  He had a shot of anti-biotics, is now on new anti-biotic drops that also help with inflation, an oral anti-biotic, and Tylenol with codeine.  We're hoping for a good nights sleep.

6 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad you'll get to experience the joy of having a daughter! Happy for you guys! (And glad that you're finally over this not-finding-out business!) ;o)

The Penter Family said...

Ty was right!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on the news of the girl! :) I am glad Ty "knew" correctly. I hope Nolan feels better quickly. We are in the process of getting Bradley officially diagnosed with asthma...a headache and hurting the wallet!

Unknown said...

When Emily listened to Kendall's heartbeat during an ultrasound she said, "It sounds like a choo-choo train."

Hooray for little girls!

Sandra said...

What fun...a little girl!! Those two big brothers will take good care of her.

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! I know you are all so excited!!

I hope little Nolan feels all better soon! Poor little fella!