Sunday, February 14, 2010

pregnancy thanks

As I approach the end of my first trimester I am trying to remember to be thankful for ALL aspects of pregnancy.  Some are exciting and fun, some uncomfortable and annoying and some are just sickening.  I am trying to remind myself that even some of the unpleasant things should be a reminder that my body is changing and adapting to grow and protect this sweet baby.  It is so amazing to me the way God has created and blessed us with this process of life.

Some of these things I truly am thankful for now and look forward to experiencing in the next 7 months.  Some of these things I am trying to remind myself to be thankful for because it's all part of this amazing process.

161. Promise of new life
162. stretchy sweat pants
163. Tums
164. Peanut Butter
165. Ritz crackers
166. Clementines
167. sound of a heartbeat
168. naps
169. early to bed
170. flutters of movement
171. kicks in the rib
172. multiple nighttime bathroom trips
173. skeleton ultrasound pics
174. hair bands holding close my pants
175. dreaming of new baby
176. feeling everyday complete exhaustion
177. kicks in the bladder
178. emotional roller coaster
179. nausea
180. hot flashes

1 comment:

OMA said...

I'm trying to empathize..let's see:
tums, hot flashes, emotional roller coaster, multiple night time bathroom trips, stretchy sweat pants...yeah I can identify with all that. But especially I'm dreaming of a new baby!! Thank you Shannon and Andrew.