For the past few weeks I have been hit with this from several different directions:
The importance of taking the time to think about and realize what I am thankful for in my life. What are the big and small blessings from God? I don't do well with keeping a journal but I do lots better at blogging. So I have decided to join a group of bloggers who are part of the Gratitude Community. The goal is to list 1000 things you are grateful for and to be specific. It's so easy to say "I'm thankful for my family, house, friends, job....." The challenge is to look at the little things that make you thankful for the big things. My goal is to complete my list in a year.
1. Little hands that have dimples where the knuckles are.
2. Quiet moments when the kids are sleeping.
3. dinner out with college friends
4. lunch with new friends
5. spontaneous singing from the backseat.
6. finding dinosaur shapes in the clouds.
7. the smell of clean sheets
8. finding new delicious recipes.
9. finding clothes for the boys at consignment sales
10. selling clothes at consignment sales.
11. kid spaghetti face
12. the sound of rain
13. the smell of fresh cut grass
14. snuggling baby
15. pumpkin pie coffee creamer, yummy!
16. a new box of crayons
17. holding my husband's hand
18. babies with bed head
19. studying God's Word with my Bible Study group
20. The women in my Bible Study group
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
My sister's hall at Harding did this to ring in the year 2000. They put a huge paper up in their hall and listed 2000 things they were grateful for. It was quite interesting...and specific!
What a great idea! Those are all such sweet and fun things too.
I'm thankful for a daughter-in-law who loves my son, creating their own new family and including her "old" in-law family too.
Post a Comment