Saturday, June 6, 2009

We're Weenies!

We got up the next morning and went shopping in Jinja. We got a painting for us, the boys a drum and a few other small items. We then headed to Mbale, where Julie is staying. We got to see the church and the building where they have some school facilities. Then we headed to Julie’s house and got to meet her two dogs, Thrasher, a German Shepherd, and Maya, a Great Dane puppy. Maya is about the same size as Thrasher. We also meet one of Julie’s roommates, Crystal. We had a great homemade dinner and watched a movie that night.

Then we became Weenies. We missed our boys so much we left he next day to head back home. Julie and Crystal drove us back to Jinja and from there we had a private hire drive us to the airport in Entebbe. If we had not been exposed to the Ugandan way of driving then I would have peed in my pants several times. About 10 km from the airport it began to get dark. It was the longest 10 km of my life!!! The rest of our trip back to the States was uneventful. We were so excited to get to see our boys too.

Here are some of the pictures from our trip. If you want to see LOTS more you can click here.


Crossing a bridge while Chimp Trekking, yes they call that a bridge.


A chimp


Water Buffalo


baby elephant





Lion and water buffalo



Ft. Portal church of Christ


Ready to raft the Nile


Kampala, capital of Uganda

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! What a trip. Welcome home! I know your boys were thrilled to see you too.

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

You are NOT weenies!!! What a fun and memorable trip. Glad you're back safely!

Rich said...

I can't believe all the cool stuff you saw. What a blast!
The last time I was in the wild outback of Bozeman Montana I saw a wild Chipmunk. Luckily I was safe inside our hotel shuttle. That's about the extent of my adventures.