Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nolan turns ONE!!!

Yesterday was Nolan's first birthday.  I can't believe it's already been a year.  It's gone by so quickly but I have a hard time remembering him as the tiny newborn baby we brought home from the hospital.  He has changed so much but he continues to be such a great baby and toddler.  We had a wonderful time today celebrating his first year of life.  

Friday at lunch we celebrated with cupcakes! 


I LOVE making birthday cakes for my family and I think this is my favorite so far.  I went with a fish theme for Nolan's party.  Jamie from work printed some GREAT invitations for us.  They are on her website.
So the cake.....  The fish came off and it was Nolan's smash cake.  The bubbles were marshmallows, which I had to put on the cake twice because Ty ate them off the first time.  And it tasted good!  Strawberry cake, chocolate ganache icing in the middle and buttercream icing on top. Yummy!!!


Nolan digging into his cake.


Do you want some?

What a mess.  Luckily he didn't get any in his hair.

Present time!  What's in here?


We also went to a Barons game, local minor league team, tonight with some people from church.  We left early because it's been a busy day and the boys were exhausted but we enjoyed the game while we were there.



Tyler and Tatum entertaining Nolan.

And this is Ashlyn.  If three year old boys had girlfriends she is Ty's.  She was being shy tonight.

7 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Happy Birthday Nolan! And, good job on that cake

Wendy said...

Love the picture of Ashlyn and Ty! Send that one to me if you can! WOW, what a face she had that night!

OMA said...

I had such a good time with you all. Thanks for making me feel welcome! I especially loved watching Nolan and Tyler playing train together in the safety of our "tornado shelter"!

Matt said...

Ashlyn is Tyler's girlfriend? Emily will be heartbroken.

Michael and Hannah said...

Happy Birthday, Nolan! So glad I got to meet him in B-ham... what a sweetie!

Ryan said...

The cake looks awesome!!! Your boys are beautiful!!! Also, congrats on the new car...I am still driving my college car and am very much looking forward to new car!!!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

That cake looks great. Baking is not one of my specialties. Your boys are so cute.