Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Prayers for Nolan

We went to Nolan's nine month appointment today.  He has another ear infection but will still be able to have tubes put in next Tuesday as long as he does not run a fever.  He is on an antibiotic to keep from running a fever.  He is not gaining weight though, in fact he has lost weight since we were there 2 weeks ago.  Since he eats and is very active our pediatrician wants to wait and see if his weight will come up after the surgery.  If it doesn't come up we will have to start looking for other reasons for why he is not gaining weight.  That is scary! 

If you could remember Nolan in your prayers this week.  For him to stay healthy for his surgery and also that he will gain weight after the surgery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe crawling everywhere just burns alot of extra calories! He is such a happy, active little guy, I'm sure that taking care of his ears will help him gain weight again. Granddaddy and I will be praying.

The Cosby's said...

I had two sets of tubes as a child and Shaun had one. We both had terrible ear trouble so I dread to think about our kids ears one day. I will be praying for Nolan as well as you and Andrew. Hopefully this will cure everything!

The Penter Family said...

I'll keep him in my prayers. Plese keep me posted...I feel so sorry for the little guy...

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

So sorry you guys are having such a hard time. Hang in there.

Michael and Hannah said...

I'm so sorry, Shannon... STRESSful!!! I'll be praying.

Sandra said...

The precious boy will certainly be in my prayers. Our 4 year-old grandson had tubes put in twice, and it really did help both times.