Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tyler is 3!!

Today is Ty's third birthday.  Wow!  We celebrated on Saturday by going on a train ride and eating at his favorite place, Chick-fil-A.  We also had cupcakes and opened presents then.  Today we did go back to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and he took one of his favorite things to school to share with his class.  Banana bread.  I did add chocolate chips and make muffins out of it, but apparently the kids loved them.  

It has been a wonderful but interesting three years.  Ty was such a high maintenance baby that he was going to be an ONLY child for about the first year.  I was convinced at least for the first six months that I was not going to have any more.  He has turned into a wonderful kid.  

Ten things we love about Ty:
1.  He has a great imagination.  His hands will have conversations with each other.

2.  He is HILARIOUS.  He told me that other day he had a "great big boogie" in his nose and it was named Goliath.

3. He is a very caring kid.  He loves to watch over and take care of other kids.

4. His beautiful eyes.

5. He loves to read.

6.  He is very active and is always playing, though this makes me very tired, I love that he likes to go out and tackle life.  He is a great baby weight loss program too.

7. He is fascinated by so many "little things."  I never knew trucks, tractors, dirt, Christmas lights, bugs, and couches could be so exciting.  Well, maybe the Christmas stuff.

8. He gives the best hugs!

9. The way he loves Nolan.  He is such a great big brother!

10. The way he prays.


Then.......

...and now



Santa was on our train too!!!

  I love this picture.


Ty loved the present part.

My Aunt got this for Ty.  I had one of these when I was little.  Tyler LOVES this things!!

4 comments:

The Penter Family said...

It's sad how fast they grow up...I was actually just thinking that about Colton last night, even though he is only four months old.

I LOVE number 2 on your top 10 list. That is HILARIOUS! It's so funny the things kids say sometimes.

The Birds said...

I can't believe that Tyler is 3! Brooks is close behind... makes me sad! I glad that you guys are doing well. Your family is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Kristy

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! They do grow so quickly. Love your train and Santa pictures. I also really like the "now" picture of Tyler.

Julie Reagan said...

I think 3 is old enough to travel to Africa!