Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and Sickmas

We enjoyed our Christmas this year.  We loaded up the Tuesday afternoon before Christmas and headed to Newnan.  Wednesday we drove down to LaGrange to spend Christmas Eve with my family.  We always celebrate and open gifts the evening of Christmas Eve.  We had a great time with the kids.  It was our boys and my cousins twins, they are 9 months old.  We tried to get a picture with all of them at the tree but that didn't happen.  

Christmas Day was spent in Newnan with Drew's family.  My parents and brother come up and spent the night so we were all, minus Julie, there Christmas morning.  Santa brought the boys a Wii, and when I say boys I mean Andrew.  We have enjoyed playing it and Ty likes to play some of the games.  He is getting pretty good at the driving range for golf and he likes to drive the cars around in circles.  The Mario Cart game has cows on one of the tracks that you are supposed to avoid.  Tyler thinks it's hilarious to crash into them.  Andrew also got me the Wii Fit.  I weighed myself on it Christmas morning and when I got back on to play that night it told me I gained over a pound.  OPPS!!  The cookies, cake, chocolate and cinnamon rolls were really good though.

We all had colds before we left for Christmas.  But they got progressively worse after Christmas.  Andrew and I have gotten better but the boys colds have turned into much more.  Since Friday we have been dealing with coughs, mucus, snot, throw-up and fevers.  I have not had more then 3 hours of continuous sleep in about a week.  So this afternoon we packed up and headed to the doctor.  The diagnosis: both boys have bad double ear infections and bronchitis.  Ty got his finger pricked, or cut as he tells it, and Nolan got an antibiotic shot.  Both boys are now on breathing treatments, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds.  Add those to Ty's asthma meds and we have a small pharmacy in our kitchen right now.  I just hope I get some SLEEP!! 


Christmas Morning


I love this picture.  He was so excited.


Ok I need to explain this next picture.  My aunt got Nolan the cutest Christmas outfit.  It is a pair of old fashioned long-john with the button flap in the back.  On the flat it says "My First Christmas 2008  Nolan."  Well it has the flap that actually unbuttons so we couldn't resist.  Yes, we know he is going to grow up and HATE this picture. 

5 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

What sweet pics. Save that last one for a rehersal dinner slide show one day! Too cute. Sorry you guys are so sick. Hope the boys feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

We did have a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for everything. I hope the meds help the boys feel better and that you get some sleep. Can I have prints of some of these adorable pictures?

McKinney Madness said...

SO Cute! I love the last picture... priceless!

The Penter Family said...

that last picture is so cute! he is gonna hate you when he gets older but i LOVE it!

Kathy said...

Your Christmas sounds like ours...sick. Ours was the stomach bug though. We have all since gotten well (knock on wood). Next time you are in town, we NEED to get together! I am glad your Christmas was so good. And yes, that was just cruel to take that picture of Nolan. :)