Monday, October 20, 2008

It's fluffy!

This evening we got the boys in bed.  Nolan was out and Ty, as usual, was playing in his bed.  Most nights from their room we hear Ty talking to himself,  to some of his toys or reading a book.  Tonight as I was sitting in the living room it hit me that Ty sounded a little too happy.  Thus I became very curious.  I got up from the couch and walked into the hall.  I was greeted by the clean fresh smell of baby powder.  That is also when I realized there was some type of cloudy haze coming from the boys' room.  I walked into the room to find Ty and everything else covered in baby powder.  The thickness of the fine powdery substance depended on how close an item was to Ty.  Nolan's crib which was a few feet away had just a fine coating.  The dresser were the powder was originally located was covered in about an inch of baby powder.  Tyler had grey hair and all evidence of his summer tan was hidden.  The floor had mounds of white powder which spread from Ty's feet out into the center of the room.  Tyler looked at me with a big grin and said, "It's fluffy!"  After the room was dusted and vacuumed and Tyler got a second bath for the night he was back in bed.  And Nolan... he slept through all the excitement. 

4 comments:

Julie Young said...

Oh dear! So where is the picture??!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's my grandson! I think Andrew used baby oil when he was Ty's age. GER

Kathy said...

That is hilarious! I agree with Julie, where is the picture? Great story!

Anonymous said...

His creative side is really coming out!!