Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Our plans are not always God's plans
For the past year and a half, since we moved to Birmingham, the plan has been to move to Newnan sometime this year. We even tried to buy a house before Nolan was born. Actually we had contracts on 2 houses in Newnan before he was born but they both fell through. So the big news for our family is that Shannon got a job. I am going back to work full-time. I have accepted a job as the Children's Minister at Homewood Church of Christ here in B'ham. Yes that means the Reagans are staying in Alabama. Andrew and I never thought we would end up in Alabama, possibly Auburn but never B'ham. I will be starting next week and I am very excited about this opportunity. The boys will still be close. Tyler will be starting at the Day School that is at the church next Tuesday. He will be going five mornings a week, unless he stays home to have a day with Dad when Andrew is off. Nolan is also enrolled for a few mornings a week, if I need it, but I will be able to keep him with me in the office most of the time till he gets a little older. I will also be able to work from home. It is going to be a lot of adjusting for our family over the next few weeks. I have been wanting to work as a children's minister since I finished my campus internship at UK and when this came up Andrew encouraged me to go for it "just to see were it goes." Well apparently God wants us to stay in B'ham. Pray for us as we look for a house and also that a corporate pilot job will become available for Andrew here in B'ham.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congrats on thw job! That is awesome. We should all get together sometime since ya'll are so close.
I know this is a super opportunity for you, so in that respect, I am totally happy for you! However, I am disappointed that you will not be moving to Georgia!!! :( I was looking forward to hanging out and getting our boys together. You'll have to keep in touch!
Post a Comment