Monday, January 26, 2009
Update on Nolan
Quick background... Right before Thanksgiving Nolan had a double ear infection. It took two rounds of antibiotics before it finally went away but he still had fluid in his ear. He was better for about a week and then got a cold. That turned into another double ear infection. A round of antibiotics and a round of antibiotic shots he still had fluid in his ear. Through all of this he has not been sleeping. He wakes up about 3 times a night sometimes for an hour or two. Today we went to see a specialist and he will be getting tubes in about 2 weeks. I am apprehensive about the surgery but I'm counting down the days till I may get some sleep again. I am sooooooo tiiirrreeeddddd.......................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh man. Poor Nolan!
Poor guy. I had tubes when I was younger and my mom thought they were the best thing ever. Have not really had any problems. Paul got some put in about a year ago and after 6 months they fell out. He will be so much happier once he gets them. Stock-up on ear plugs.
Emily had the surgery a few years ago, and it was quick and easy. Best of all, no more ear infections!
It's scary thinking about any surgery, but knowing your baby isn't hurting anymore is well worth it.
Hey Shannon- we will be praying for you little guy! I'm sure he will be just fine : )
Sharon,
Little sleep is rough! I hope that Nolan gets to feeling better oon! He and Ty are SO cute!!
Also I loved your list of favorite baby products, some I had not heard of before (Dreft spray, etc.)
Kristy
I have been assured that the tubes do not protrude outside the ears thus appearing Frankensteinish....so, while I am VERY concerned, I can breath easilier knowing he will not be scaring the other kids.
However, it must be said that I am not at all surprised that a Reagan is having trouble with his ears.
Wish I was there Nolan! I'd stay up with you!
-Aunt JuJu
Post a Comment