Friday, July 11, 2008

Random Thoughts.....

Our small group is having a yard sale tomorrow to raise some money for a local charity. The past few nights I have been pricing all the stuff me and my parents have decided to donate to the sale. The thought of "should this be 25 cents of 50 cents" only keep me captive for about 5 minutes. As my mind wondered I though of some of the "joys" of motherhood/parenting.

1. No matter what your mom told you the subject of poop/throw-up/pee/gas and various other body functions does become a normal AND acceptable topics of conversation between you and your spouse and other parents; even at the dinner table.

2. There are NO diapers on the market that can and will contain the "explosive" poop of a nursing infant!!!

3. The "smell" of baby that everyone seems to love so much is really a combination of spit-up, poop and diaper cream.

4. NO matter how much you want your toddler to be potty trained if he REFUSES to poop in the potty there is nothing much you can do about it. (See poop is a recurring topic of conversation)

5. Bugs (dead or alive) are some of the most interesting things that God created and they can be observed over and over again for hours.

6. It is possible to be kept awake for HOURS at night because you have a Wiggles song stuck in your head!!

7. It is normal to want to run as fast as possible to get out of the house away from the kids for a few hours or days, yet miss them so bad while you are gone you can't wait to get back to them. Only to have the thought about 30 minutes later "why did I can back?"

8. It could possibly be another 10 years before I actually get to listen to the entire sermon at church.

9. A two year old never gets tired of listening to the SAME 4 CDs over and over and over again in the car.

10. It is horrible when the show Curious George is over and it does require one to cry.

11. The realization that there are times you miss parts of your lifestyle before kids but that you wouldn't trade a million of the moments for one less moment with your children.

12. The smile of an infant is one of the BEST sights God created and yes it may require one (mom) to cry.

13. A toddler's laugh is contagious.

14. A two year old absorbs information like a sponge and will display this new found information. How does a two and half year old know how to correctly use words like comfortable, squishy, and programed in sentences?

15. Quiet is a WONDERFUL sound, but not as wonderful as "love you Mama"

5 comments:

Julie Young said...

Hey guys! Thanks so much for letting me know that you all had a blog. I am going to love being able to keep up with you all. I am going to go back and read through your blog in a min. Your boys are so cute! I knew that it would only be a matter of time before Andrew had him out flying! HA!

Mandy said...

I agree 100% with all your comments! Poop is also one of our "regular" topics of discussion! How funny that we don't get grossed out by much of anything anymore. Now, here's a question - do you remember what you and Andrew talked about before the kids? Mark and I certainly don't!!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Ok I need to know exactly how old your kiddies are! both ours are so close in age thats hilarious. its a shame we didn't keep in touch when we were both prego! ha! they are precious! your oldest one is a CLONE of andrew! wow! they are so cute. ;) glad you left a comment and I'll be checking back!!!

Sandra said...

I love #10. Isn't it amazing how real their favorite characters in books and TV shows become to the little ones. Mrs. Sandra

King Family said...

Your comments were so funny and so true. Thanks for sharing them. I really enjoyed reading them.